Nottingham City Council Key Holding, Alarm Monitoring & Security Services
The Council has a dedicated CCTV & Security team that has over 30 years’ experience of providing professional security services. The security team operate from the Nottingham Control Room in Radford, which is an industry accredited NSI Gold Standard Alarm Receiving Centre (ARC) located less than a mile from the city centre.
Our success is built on the quality of our personnel matched with our ability to understand and deliver the needs of our clients in a very flexible way. We take time to understand you and your business needs and requirements, translating this into bespoke services including.
- Intruder and Fire Alarm monitoring - Our Control Centre is a NSI Gold Accredited (ARC) and with our SIA Licensed officers, we can monitor Intruder and Fire security systems 24/7. We can remotely monitor your site and pick up and deal with incidents as they occur. 67% of fires occur when buildings are unoccupied.
- Key holding – In the event of your alarm being activated our officers can quickly respond to your premises to assess the reason for the activation taking away the unnecessary risk from your staff. Fire Service now require confirmation of fire or smoke before they deploy. Our officers will open or close your premises at any time required. Keys are securely stored and asset tracked to BS7984 standards. Depending on site equipment, access and egress can be delivered remotely.
- Alarm response - Our Control Centre responds to alarm calls 24 hours a day. We can deploy a Police vetted security professional to your property who can identify the reason for the alarm and assess whether to call the emergency services. In the case of a break in, flood or fire we can arrange for your chosen emergency contractors to efficiently deal with any situation and leave your site secured.
- Mobile patrols - Our high profile uniformed officers and liveried vehicles can attend your sites at random intervals - patrolling the external building and checking windows and doors to deter opportunist thieves. We use the latest technology to provide clear reports and proof of service. All our officers wear the latest body cam technology, recording live back to our Control Centre. We’ll devise random patrol plans, too, just to keep unwelcome visitors on their toes. Mobile Patrols operate to provide an effective, flexible, cost-effective solution to your security needs.
- Premises secure lock up and unlocking service – Either at the end or start of the day our officers will open or close your premises at any time required ensuring windows are closed and lights are off, taking away the unnecessary worry and risk from your staff. Keys are securely stored and asset tracked to BS7984 standards. Depending on site equipment, access and egress can be delivered remotely.
- Static and events guarding - Our Security Guards match the image you’re looking for. A friendly smiling face to welcome visitors to your premises, or a more assertive no-nonsense approach to protect property, plant and machinery at weekends over holiday periods or in the dead of night. Screened, Police vetted, SIA qualified and experienced, there’s lots going on behind the uniform. Our Security Officers can anticipate a problem long before visitors or guests suspect a thing. They can diffuse tensions using tact and diplomacy. They respond to difficult situations calmly and quickly.
- Concierge, Front of house and Reception duties - Our Security Guards match the image you’re looking for. A friendly smiling face to welcome visitors to your premises all members of the team have a flair for customer service and are always happy to help.
- Lone worker monitoring – Our lone worker alarms incorporate GSM 2-way audio as well as GPS technology so that we know your precise location. We can tailor our solutions to suit any organisations requirements.
- Void / closed for holiday property inspections - Inspections can be tailored to suit the requirements of your business and insurance company. We can offer the following services including; physical checks of the building (inside and out), reading of utility meters and access and egress of contractors.
- Entry systems – With over 30 years of operational knowledge and experience within private and public sector security, our team is always on hand to offer you the best advice and guidance on your security questions.
- Security Advice – With over 30 years of operational knowledge and experience within private and public sector security, our team is always on hand to offer you the best advice and guidance on your security questions.
For further information on the services above and how we can help you reach and maintain your business needs please contact us on
Name: Nottingham Control Centre
Tel: 0115 8763872 or 0115 8762125
To update your current key holder details please contact:
Name: David Thompson
Title: Risk Health and Safety Manager
Service Area: Pupil School and Support Services
Tel: 0115 8764608